Tuesday 14 August 2012

Chapter 22 - Yes or no?

Khushi woke up 10 minutes after Arnav and Anjali had their conversation about her.
Where am I? Arnav ji?! Where is he?! Khushi shouted that the moment she woke up and Anjali and Arnav were staring at her like she had gone crazy.

"Uh..Um...Er...Namaste Di."
"Namaste Khushi ji, kaisi ho?" [How are you Khushi ji?]
"Ji hum theek hai.." [I'm fine thankyou..] Khushi replied with a faint smile.

Anjali realized Arnav was desperate to talk to Khushi, so she just gave Khushi her happy grins,
and looked at Arnav then at Khushi and said;
"Chalo, hum chalte hai, Koi kam hai" [Ok, I'll go now, I have some work] Anjali said hinting to Arnav as she left.

---

Khushi couldn't stare at Arnav right in the eyes so instead she kept looking away as they talked.

"Toh Khushi, batao..." [So Khushi tell me...]
"Kya bataey? Kuch baki nahi hai bataney kiliye..." [What should I say? Theres nothing left to say.]
"Haan hai." [Yes there is.] Arnav retorted back.
"Kya?!" [What?!] Khushi asked demandingly.
"Haan ya na?" [Yes or no?]

Khushi ignored the question and got up to go to the toilet so she can freshen up, she was about to open the door when Arnav pulled it back.
"Haan ya na?" Arnav stood firmly and asked with alot of patience.

"Humme janne diye? Yeh batimeezi hai." [Let me go, what you're doing is rude.]
"Maine abbi bateemize shuru be nahi kiya Khushi Kumari Gupta." [I haven't even started to do what I can Khushi KG.]

"So tell me, Haan. Ya Na?"
"I'll have to think about it, then only i'll tell you." And Khushi ran into the toilet leaving Arnav amused.

---

The next day Khushi woke up to find a still Arnav sitting on the recliner in her room watching her sleep.

Khushi got startled and nearly fell off her bed until Arnav ran towards her and caught her, remind both of
them about her falling down 2 years ago just like this.

"Be careful!"
"What can I do if you're staring at me sleep like a creeper?!"
"Ok sorry, I won't do that again."

So Khushi...Arnav tried to hint Khushi to whether she's going to say yes or no.

Khushi realized what he was trying to do and played along;
"Ji?" [Yes?]
"Tum haan ya na bolne walli ho?" [are you gonna give me an answer?]
"Yes I will, but after a bit of vodka."

Khushi took out a bottle from the cupboard and started to drink in front of Arnav, he told her to stop but he was drinking and pointed her index finger towards him signalling for him to wait.
"You do know I speak my heart out when I'm drunk right?"
Khushi was getting tipsy, Arnav stood close to her to make sure she had balance.

"Ok Ok i'll tell you..." Khushi pretended to be serious.
"HAHAHAHA NOOOOOO." Khushi said sarcastically.
"I'm joking! yesssssssssss yess yessssssssss!" Khushi was jumping up and down.

---

"Yeh ladki pagal hai." Arnav took Khushi off the floor because she got intoxicated and fell.
She startled him by waking up with a hiccup.

"SO WHATS YOUR ANSWER MR ARNAAAAV?" Khushi asked cutely.

"I'll tell you my answer when you're not drunk."
"NOO TELL ME NOW."

Arnav put Khushi in bed and replied;

"Later." Winked at her and left her room leaving her mouth hanging in an O shape.

2 comments: