Wednesday 25 July 2012

Chapter 5 - Khushi's Stories.

Nani ji and everyone were sat on to the table, but Shyam had left because he had some 'unfinished work' with one of his clients.
Naniji as being the head of the house started the conversations.
"Toh Khushi Betiya, humko bataye, app pehle kya karat ra he thei?
"Um, ji woh um.."
"Naniji bulawat ho betiya"
"Haaan, Naniji, hum pehle koi kam nahi kareh.."

When Arnav joined in.

"Naniji Khushi's first job is at AR designs."
"Achaaa! betiya, toh kaisa laga?"

Khushi looked at Arnav like she was afraid that he might shoot her on the spot, and just replied -
"Naniji, acha hai...liken..."

Arnav was halfway between his bite when he looked at Khushi worriedly.

"liken?"
"Haha Naniji liken kuch nahi, bohot achi naukri hai!" said Khushi confidently causing Arnav to swallow his bite in comfort.

Everyone kept questioning Khushi about her life and what she use to do, her birthday and other general things. Naniji also asked her about her parents and where there from which brought Khushi to tears.

"I don't have any parents...they died in a car accident when I was 7 years old. I thought they were going to come back, but ofcourse death doesn't let anyone come back, but my mama's aunty took me in, i call her buaji, and I have a cousin named Payal, but we treat each other like birth sisters, I miss my parents still, my mom was beautiful and my dad was a very smart ma-"

Arnav didn't know Khushi could speak fluent English but he was still concentrating on her story.

"Explains how beautiful you are." Arnav said under his breath, and everyone stared at him in shock and asked him what he just said, but he ignored them and just pushed away their questions.

"So as I was saying, he was a smart man, they both were coming back home from a marriage, and just..." Khushi's eye's welled with tears so Naniji just told her to take a rest and didn't force her on continuing on where she left off.

Arnav was sad upon hearing Khushi's life story, he didn't know she was an orphan, what annoyed him even more was the things he said yesterday with out even knowing what she's been through, because just like her, Arnav lost his parents long time ago too. Khushi and Arnav stared at each other sadly and just ate their food.

"I'm sorry Khushi I said that..." Arnav said to himself in his mind. He felt like he knew Khushi for years because of her stories, but he only knew her for a day and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment